Learn about the standard JSON-RPC error codes and BlockVision's custom error codes.
HTTP Status Codes
In addition to the standard Ethereum JSON-RPC error codes, Alchemy will return the following status codes for HTTP requests:
HTTP Status Codes
|400||Bad Request -- Your request is invalid. Double-check your JSON-RPC body.|
|401||Unauthorized -- You must authenticate your request with an API key.|
|403||Forbidden -- You've hit your capacity limit, or your request was rejected by your app's whitelist settings.|
|429||Too Many Requests -- You've exceeded your concurrent requests capacity or Compute Units per second capacity. Check out the Throughput page for solutions.|
|500||Internal Server Error -- We're unable to process your request right now. Get in touch with us if you see this.|
JSON-RPC Error Codes
|-32700||Parse error||Invalid JSON was received by the server.|
An error occurred on the server while parsing the JSON text.
|-32600||Invalid Request||The JSON sent is not a valid Request object.|
|-32601||Method not found||The method does not exist / is not available|
|-32602||Invalid params||Invalid method parameter(s).|
|-32603||Internal error||Internal JSON-RPC error.|
|-32604||Record not found||No result returned|
|-32605||Rate Limit||Too many requests were made, these requests are be limited.|
|-32606||Illegal Ip||Request IP not in whitelist.|
|-32607||Call Limit||The call limit has been reached, please upgrade your subscription plan.|
|-32000||Server error||Reserved for implementation-defined server-errors. See hint below.|
NOTE: -32000 is used for many server errors. Here are a few common examples:
- This generally means the transaction already posted and is on the node in a pending state. Sometimes this error occurs when transactions fail at first but are retried when the node already knows of them
"Unspecified origin not on whitelist"
- This error means whoever is making the request is not on the whitelist for using your API key.
"Filter not found"
- Filters expire after 5 minutes of inactivity so if it's not found the filter likely expired.
"Request timed out. Client should retry."
- Gateway timeouts (usually from nodes). Clients should retry the request.
- Transaction was sent with too low gas. Re-send the transaction with higher gas!